Who are we looking for?
This is an opportunity for someone looking to take a senior sales position in a highly respected fast-growing business with a strong tech start-up culture and enviable list of customer references. You need to be a highly motivated self-starter who is not afraid to conduct outbound activities against target accounts, prospect lists, and campaigns.
You must be experienced in understanding complex requirements and translating them into compelling, well written proposals.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in navigating key stakeholders and the B2B procurement process, ideally having proposed to senior business leadership (C-Suite, Director, or Company Owner) in the sales process.
What will you be doing?
As an integral part of our New Business team, you will be issued with a territory and quota and need to identify, manage and close opportunities end-to-end. This role is specifically aimed at winning business from mid-size and large enterprise that have operating revenues of greater than US$1 billion (primarily based in the UK and Europe).
You will be responsible for pitching and proposing Clevertouch’s consultancy and technical delivery services, focused on realising or maximising a prospects Marketing Technology investment. You will identify when best to engage our expert team of Consultants and Martech specialists as part of your sales engagement to ensure the proposal is scoped accurately and resourced appropriately.
This role allows you to sell our complete portfolio of services across all supported Marketing Technologies (including Marketing Automation, Sales Enablement and Strategic Content Management).
Opportunities will be generated by you, our partner network and inbound enquires into the company. All your opportunities will be from net new accounts to Clevertouch, or accounts where Clevertouch are no longer actively engaged.
You will need to liaise closely with Clevertouch’s Client Services team to support the growth and development of the account.
You will have support from a junior member of the New Business team who is responsible for both their own territory and to provide you with business development support and inbound lead qualification. You will be required to work collaboratively with this member of the team, providing direction on how best to support your territory.
You will report into the Director of New Business. The Clevertouch environment is one based on meritocracy and so an ambitious and successful candidate will be given additional responsibility and autonomy early on.
The main objective of your role will be:
- Achieve quota through winning business in net new accounts to Clevertouch or from accounts where Clevertouch are no longer engaged.
- Research named accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop your accounts to create your own pipeline of opportunities.
- Develop inbound leads for your territory.
- Understand and capture detailed client requirements whilst also expanding the conversation to uncover additional opportunity that might otherwise have been unknown to the prospect.
- Create compelling proposals in collaboration with our expert team of Consultants and Martech specialists.
- Update salesforce.com to ensure accurate lead and opportunity management.
- Actively participate in trade shows / events to secure attendees and maximise prospect meetings.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree level education is preferred (the ambition to read and learn will be essential to your development and success).
- Minimum of 5 years in a B2B sales environment.
- A team player with excellent communication skills and who is not afraid to share praise.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Presentable, credible, friendly and engaging, with experience in presenting proposals both face to face and via video conference.
- Willingness to travel, primarily to London but also wider UK and abroad on rare occasions (subject to Covid-19 restrictions).
- Experience of selling to C-Suite, Director or Company Owner.
- Proven track record achieving quota in a B2B sales environment.
- Experience with tracking and forecasting opportunities in CRM, with experience of Salesforce preferred but not essential.
- Positive and energetic phone skills and excellent listening skills.
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism, the way you do business is as important to us as how you do business.
The Package & Benefits
- Competitive salary with an attractive commission structure
- Rewarding quarterly bonus scheme
- Fantastic training and development available (PDP)
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days increasing to 28 with length of service
- State of the Art office with onsite gym and wellness studio
- Use of company laptop & mobile
- Regular company socials including BBQ and Pizza days
- CleverRewards – Discounts at a host of retailers, exclusively for CleverTouch employees
- Cycle to work scheme
- EMI Shareholder scheme
As a Times Top 100 company to work for, CleverTouch constantly seeks to add to the list of benefits.