Who are we looking for?
This is an opportunity for someone in the early stages of their sales career to be part of a highly respected fast-growing business with a strong tech start-up culture and enviable list of customer references.
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter who is not afraid to conduct outbound activities against target accounts, prospect lists, and campaigns.
You must be confident in your ability to understand complex requirements and translate them into compelling, well written proposals.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in navigating key stakeholders and the B2B procurement process, ideally being exposed to senior business leadership (C-Suite and Director) in the sales process.
What will you be doing?
As an integral part of our sales team, you will be issued with a territory and quota and need to identify, manage and close new business opportunities end-to-end. This role is specifically aimed at winning business from small and mid-size enterprise that have operating revenues of less than US$1 billion (primarily based in the UK and Europe).
You will be responsible for pitching and proposing Clevertouch’s consultancy and technical delivery services, focused on realising or maximising a prospects Marketing Technology investment. You will identify when best to engage our expert team of Consultants and Martech specialists as part of your sales engagement to ensure the proposal is scoped accurately and resourced appropriately. This role is primarily focused on selling services that are related to Marketing Automation technologies (e.g. Adobe Marketo Engage, Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Pardot or Marketing Cloud).
Opportunities will be generated by you, our partner network and inbound enquires into the company. All your opportunities will be from net new accounts to Clevertouch, or accounts where Clevertouch are no longer actively engaged.
In addition to managing your own territory, you will be required to support senior New Business team members in prospecting into their territories – giving you exposure to large global enterprise accounts and the opportunity to learn from your peers.
You will report into the Director of New Business. The Clevertouch environment is one based on meritocracy and so an ambitious and successful candidate will be given additional responsibility and autonomy early on.
The main objective of your role will be:
- Achieve quota through winning business in net new accounts to Clevertouch or from accounts where Clevertouch are no longer engaged.
- Research named accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop your accounts to create your own pipeline of opportunities.
- Qualify and develop inbound leads for your territory.
- Provide sales development support and lead qualification for the senior members of the New Business team, exposing you to large and sophisticated enterprise accounts.
- Understand and capture detailed client requirements whilst also expanding the conversation to uncover additional opportunity that might otherwise have been unknown to the prospect.
- Create compelling proposals in collaboration with our expert team of Consultants and Martech specialists.
- Update salesforce.com to ensure accurate lead and opportunity management.
- Actively participate in trade shows / events to secure attendees and maximise prospect meetings for you and the wider New Business team.
- Grow your consulting sales experience and develop into a senior member of the New Business team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree level education is preferred (the ambition to read and learn will be essential to your development and success).
- Minimum of 2 years in a B2B sales environment.
- A team player with excellent communication skills and who is not afraid to share praise.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Presentable, credible, friendly and engaging, ideally with experience in presenting proposals both face to face and via video conference.
- Willingness to travel, primarily to London but also wider UK and abroad on rare occasions (subject to Covid-19 restrictions).
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales-development at multiple executive levels within an organisation.
- Previous experience of selling to C-Suite and Director is preferred.
- Proven track record achieving goals in a B2B sales environment.
- Experience with tracking and forecasting opportunities in CRM, with experience of Salesforce preferred but not essential.
- Positive and energetic phone skills and excellent listening skills
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism, the way you do business is as important to us as how you do business.
The Package & Benefits
- Competitive salary with an attractive commission structure
- Rewarding quarterly bonus scheme
- Fantastic training and development available (PDP)
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days increasing to 28 with length of service
- State of the Art office with onsite gym and wellness studio
- Use of company laptop & mobile
- Regular company socials including BBQ and Pizza days
- CleverRewards – Discounts at a host of retailers, exclusively for CleverTouch employees
- Cycle to work scheme
- EMI Shareholder scheme
As a Times Top 100 company to work for, Clevertouch constantly seeks to add to the list of benefits.