The Insight Analyst is responsible for the processing and interrogation of large and varied marketing data sets to deliver insight that informs and drives clients’ marketing and sales decision making.
There are two sides to the role:
- The ability to define and setup data management, cleaning and manipulation processes to produce clean and usable datasets.
- The ability to bring client data to life through narrative and visually presenting results with impact to actively engage the audience.
The Insight Analyst will be involved in the introduction and development of CleverTouch’s external data and insight offerings along with internal tools to improve efficiency and performance.
What to Expect
This is a dynamic and changing role where you will be working concurrently on many projects and tasks. These vary from small one off engagements to yearlong in-depth projects. Expect a mixture of data manipulation, investigation and report writing along with client interaction and training. This is a fast paced environment where each day will be different and you will be constantly challenged and learning. Expect your work to have an impact in the strategy of well-known global companies.
- Client Delivery: Deliver analytic projects to specification and within allotted time converting resulting analysis into insight that addresses the business problem
- Insight: Translate and articulate complex scenarios and concepts to a non-technical and often diverse audience using appropriate narrative and visual techniques. Work with the internal Client Services Team and the clients' own Marketing Teams to accurately present results and recommendations
- Data Manipulation: Manipulate client, 3rd party and internal data sets conducting migration, synchronisation, master data management and cleanse projects
- Reporting: Setup Automated Reports, Dashboards and present analysis in a variety of formats
- Innovation: Contribute to CleverTouch’s portfolio of internal tools and client facing products providing new analytical functionality and process efficiency. Create and improve processes and tools and contribute to best practices and internal development projects
- Commercial Focus: Apply prior business knowledge to inform and influence all analysis and research projects ensuring they are anchored in the ‘real world’
- Marketing: Gain a deep understanding of how marketing works across a wide range of channels, clients, and industries including the customer journey.
- Ability to leverage new software to deliver results
- Ability to derive novel and relevant insights from data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Effective time-management skills when under pressure
- Consistent decision making and problem solving skills
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree classification from a respected institution in Mathematics or other degree with an element of statistics, data analytics or logic
- Experience designing and configuring reports from specifications.
- Prior CRM experience (e.g. Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Oracle)
- Prior exposure to Marketing Automation platforms (Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot, Exact Target)
- Advanced use of a data analytics package (Excel, Alteryx, SPSS, SAS,…)
- Experience with a BI Package (Tableau, Power BI,…)
- Developing and using modelling tools to support strategic decision making
- Experience in Operational Research / Machine Learning